On this episode, Mark talks about:
- The job of the media is to get people engaged
- Bitcoin: went from 1700 to 1800, then moved back to 1470
- Back up to 1800
- The actual bitcoin went 12,000 to 9,000 and today closed at 19,000
- The problem with bitcoin can’t be turned into cash
- Who is valuing bitcoin? You are - the people buying it
- A rule of thumb: many investors view those metals as investments - they are not investments!
- Proxies for currency, they are hedges
- 24 is the average pike PE before markets go into a spiral
- Do not let the media scare you from investing!
- Asset allocation tool, piece you put in the portfolio as part of your portfolio for overall portfolio performance
- When you have a portfolio and it is appropriately asset allocated every position in that portfolio should be owned for a specific reason for the whole portfolio to perform as one
- Everything is in the portfolio for a reason
December 7, 2017